Vape mods provide the ultimate power and control for your tanks, offering better battery life, and in many cases, more advanced vaping. Vape mods are great for existing vapers that need something with a little more power, plus the changeable settings found on most of these kits allow the vaping experience to be changed to suit personal needs. Browse our range of ecig mods from the best brands around, such as Aspire, GeekVape, SMOK and VOOPOO. With our selection, you are sure to find something new for you.
What is A Vape Mod?
A vape mod is a true step up from regular 'pen style' e cigs. Often shaped like a box, these units can give you more battery life, better performance and the ability to customise vape settings to suit your personal needs, in addition to the coil installed. We supply a wide range of vape mods made for every type of vaper.
What Are The Different Types Of Vape Mods?
Box mods get their name from the box shape, making them one of the bigger and more advanced e cigs. These are one of the most popular types of e cig mods as they offer longevity, changeable settings and a long battery life.
For some of our top Box Mod recommendations, check out our guide: The Best Box Mods
These types of vape mods are similar to box mods but use a pod instead of a tank. These are basically pod e cigs but a more advanced version, ideal for new and existing vapers.
Mech mods are one of the more advanced vape mods and are only advised for vapers who know their stuff. They typically hold a removable battery, a tank and come with no settings, so you’ll need to know about coil resistance and Ohm's Law.
Squonk mods build have a dripper, bottle and battery in one mod. The built in bottle feeds e liquid into the coil when squeezed. This is useful for vapers as it means no more manual dripping.
The Best Vape Mod For You
The best type of e cig mod for you depends on your needs and vaping knowledge. For example, if you’re quite new to vaping, it’s best to go for a more simple design. If you’ve been vaping for a while, consider a more advanced kit with high battery power.
Simple Vape Mods
Although these kits are classed as basic, they are still way more advanced than other kits on the market. Taking a simplistic approach, these mod vapes are made to offer the same long lasting battery and powerful wattage vapers expect from a mod kit, without the premium extras. This actually provides vapers with a powerful mod kit, without the smart features many won’t end up using anyway.
Popular simple vape mods include:
- The Innokin Endura T22 Pro kit - This mod vape has a huge 3000mAh battery while staying sleek and compact. There are 4 output settings to choose ranging from 9.5W to 13.5W which are suited towards MTL vaping.
- The VOOPOO MUSKET kit - This can output up to 120W of power and uses the PnP Pod tank. For a dual battery mod the MUSKET is fairly compact.
Advanced Vape Mods
These mod kits provide plenty of power and a few extra features than a basic mod. With a wide range of modes to set, vapers can change things like the output wattage to suit their personal needs. Plus, mod kits with smart modes offer help to new vapers by auto detecting the coil range and changing the wattage to avoid any coil burnouts.
Popular advanced vape mods include:
- The Innokin Coolfire Z80 - This mod vape has 4th gen tech and a host of other smart features. Made for a wide range of vapers the 0.8ohm and 0.3ohm coils cater to both direct lung and mouth to lung vapers.
- The SMOK Fortis kit - This can use an 18650 or 21700 battery which are sold separately. It can output between 5-80W of power which can be easily changed through the TFT colour screen.
Powerful Vape Mods
Powerful vape mods are made for experienced direct lung vapers who need long battery life to vape at higher wattages all day. Usually aimed toward cloud chasers, these mods come with low resistance coils with large wicking holes to easily absorb high VG e liquid. Powerful mods are some of the biggest kits available, as they either have a large battery built in or need multiple external batteries to power.
Crowd favourites include:
- The GeekVape Aegis Legend 2 - This can output up to 200W of power. It uses two 18650 batteries to operate and comes with 0.2ohm and 0.25ohm coils; perfect for cloud chasing.
- The Eleaf iStick Power 2 mod kit - This has a built in 5000mAh battery to provide days of vaping before needing a recharge. The AVATAR smart chip gives vapers multiple features such as wattage and voltage modes.
For more help choosing the best vape mod to suit your preferences, we recommend checking out our guide on How To Choose The Best Vape Mod For You
Need more help choosing a vape mod? Get in touch with us using the live chat option at the bottom right hand corner of your screen (Live Chat available Mon-Fri 9am-4:45pm), or give us a call on 01254 269380. Our friendly Customer Service team will be happy to help.