How To Refill Your Vape Kit
If you have landed on this page it means you want to know how to refill an e-cigarette. Whether you’re new to vaping and getting to grips with your first e-cig, or a more experienced vaper who has switched to a new device. You may be unsure on how to fill your new vape kit.
There are many different types of filling systems with brands trying to provide easier and more convenient solutions. In this guide we will provide a run through of the different types of filling systems and how to use them.
How to Fill Vape Pods
Pod systems are pretty straightforward to fill. Most feature a rubber bung that covers the filling port.
- Remove the pod from the device.
- Find the rubber bung covering the fill port. This can usually be found at the base of the pod.
- Remove rubber bung to reveal the inlet.
- Place the nozzle of your vape juice bottle into the filling port.
- Tilt the vape pod at a slight angle to prevent air pockets.
- Insert with e-liquid.
- Leave a small gap at the top of the pod.
- Push the rubber bung back in to seal the filling port.
- Wipe away any excess e-liquid.
- Attach the pod back onto the device.
There are some pod systems that feature a top fill system allowing vapers to refill the device without removing the pod. Others feature child resistant filling systems which require the filling port to be push down while inserting with e-liquid.
If you are using a closed pod system such as a Vuse device, these come prefilled with-liquid and used disposable pods for convenience. This means you don’t need to worry about refilling with vape juice, simply swap out the old pod for a fresh one.
How To Fill Vape Tanks
The benefit of most thanks is that they connect to the device through a 510 connection allowing vapers to use them with most mods including ones from different brands.
Bottom Fill Tank
A bottom fill tank will need to be removed from the battery in order to fill. There will then be a mechanism to remove the base of the tank where the e-liquid can be inserted.
- Unscrew the tank from the e-cig battery.
- Place the nozzle of your e-liquid bottle into the fill hole and insert.
- When filling aim the e-liquid towards the side of the tank to avoid the centre chimney, as this can cause the device to spit when fired.
- leave enough room to ensure vape juice doesn’t spill into the chimney.
- Once the tank is full, reattach the base back onto the tank and wipe away any excess liquid.
- Screw the tank onto the battery mod.
Top Fill Tank
A top fill tank is much simpler to refill offering the convenience of not needing to be removed from the battery to top up with e-liquid. Most top fill tanks either use a screw-top or a sliding mechanism.
- To Fill either unscrew or slide the top of the tank to reveal the e-liquid filling port.
- Insert the nozzle of the e-liquid bottle into the port and fill with e-liquid.
- To prevent air pockets, hold the device at a slight angle.
- Leave space in the tank to prevent it from overflowing or leaking.
- Unscrew or slide the top back onto the tank and wipe away any excess e-liquid.
Sliding top-fill tanks are much less fiddly as the tank can stay connected to the device and the lid stays attached to the tank. Plus, there is no need to worry about the centre chimney with a top filling tank as this isn’t accessible from the top.
Hopefully this guide provided enough information on how to fill different types of vape pods and tanks. If you are still unsure or require more help, look in the bottom right of your screen for our live chat window. We have a wide range of guides to help new and experienced vapers including The Ultimate Guide to E-cig Batteries. Also read our Battery Safety Guide.