Taking an in-depth look at the most popular disposable brand.
Elf Bar produce several ranges of extremely popular disposable e-cigarettes. These include fan favourites such as the Elf Bar 600 and the Lost Mary BM600. This guide will take a look at the whole Elf Bar range and discuss the differences between them. So, without further a do, let’s get into our complete guide to Elf Bar.
Elf Bar began its rise to success in 2018 when it produced the Elf Bar 600. The company is based overseas and prides itself on both quality and innovation. Since its initial release, the brand has grown to include 10 different designs and over 30 great flavours. These devices range from single use disposables to refillable pod kits.
Why Is Elf Bar So Popular?
The products Elf Bar produce are very popular and have a huge audience of vapers. Let’s take a look at why its products are so well received by that many users.
- Simplicity – All of the Elf Bar products are incredibly easy to use. This simplicity means that even new vapers can use them without having any knowledge or experience of vaping. With no coils to change, and in most cases no battery to charge, they’re the ultimate first step.
- Portability – Elf Bar kits are small and lightweight, meaning they’re perfect for taking out and about. And since they are single use, there’s no need to carry around extra bottles of liquid or spare coils.
- Flavour Selection – With over 30 different flavours across the ranges, Elf Bars and Lost Marys have something that any vaper or potential vaper will like. This wide variety of tastes include fruity, menthol, sweet and tobacco flavours. Also, the selection is constantly evolving so you’ll never be short of a new one to try.
- Flavour Intensity – The intensity of flavours appeals to a huge audience. The levels of which are unmatched by most traditional vape juice brands. Although this isn’t ideal for some vapers, who find disposables too strong, most will enjoy the extreme tastes that Elf Bar provide.
- Cost Effectiveness – Although not the cheapest way to vape, compared to combustible cigarettes Elf Bar products are vastly cheaper than smoking. The average price of 20 cigarettes in the UK is £12. This means that the cost is reduced by a whopping 50%! When you take multi-buys into account, with costs as low as £3.80 per device, the savings are even greater.
What Products Does Elf Bar Offer?
With 10 different products available, you might be wondering what the differences are between them. As this is a complete guide to Elf Bar, let’s take a closer look at the whole Elf Bar family.
- Elf Bar 600 – A 600 puff, single use device that is available in 0%, 1.0% and 2.0%. This range has by far the biggest selection of flavours, with over 40 different choices available.
- Elf Bar 600 V2 – An evolution of the Elf Bar 600. The V2 has a sleek new look and has new QUAQ technology. This mesh coil gives incredible flavour and more vapour.
- Lost Mary BM600 – This disposable has a unique bottle shape. Available in 2%, you can choose from 33 delicious flavours.
- Lost Mary QM600 – The QM600 has a more traditional e-cig shape. With around 600 puffs, this device is available in 2% and 18 flavours. The inhale is a bit tighter than the other entries.
- Gee Bar – Another ecig with a unique shape. Available in 2% and 5 different flavours.
- Lost Mary AM600 – A 600 puff disposable that is taller and flatter in shape. It’s 2.0% strength has 21 tastes to choose from.
- Elf Bar Cigalike – Designed to look and feel like a cigarette, the Cigalike has up to 400 puffs and 5 flavours available.
- Elf Bar Mate 500 – This is a kit that uses pre-filled disposable pods containing as much liquid as a 600 puff device. But instead of throwing the whole device away, only the pod is discarded. It contains the same 2% liquid found in the Elf Bar 600.
- Elf Bar ELFA Pro – The ELFA is the evolution of the Mate 500 and sports a more traditional Elf Bar 600 shape. Just like its predecessor, the pods have the same capacity as a 600 puff kit.
- Elf Bar FB1000 – This is the first refillable device from Elf Bar that uses replaceable coils. The 1000mAh battery will last most users a day. This kit works great with 50/50 liquids, but if you’re looking for a true Elf Bar experience then consider ELFLIQ.
- ELFLIQ – Elf Bar liquid bottled. This 10ml range brings the flavour and intensity of Elf Bar to a wider audience. Great for use in refillable pods or tanks.
Which Elf Bar Kit Lasts The Longest?
In terms of puffs, most Elf Bars are very similar. The 600 puff disposables have broadly the same battery capacities and lifespan. On average most people get through a single use device per day, but it solely depends on usage.
The Mate 500 and ELFA pods last as long as a disposable. But, they’re sold in packs of 2 for a similar price. This is great as it nearly halves your vaping costs. The battery of each kit will usually last for the full life of a pod and can easily be recharged with a USB-C cable.
The FB1000 has the biggest battery. The 1000mAh is roughly double that of a regular disposable. Each time you fill the 2ml tank, it’s the equivalent of a single use kit, so a 10ml bottle will last five times as long. You can recharge it too, so don’t need to throw it away after the battery dies.
What Type of E-Liquid Is in An Elf Bar?
All Elf Bar products contain nic salts. This means that they’re incredibly smooth despite the high strength. The liquid also contains more flavouring, which is why the taste is so intense.
Do Elf Bars Contain Nicotine?
Most of them do, yes. All Elf Bar products are available in 2.0%, which is roughly equivalent to around 20-25 cigarettes. The Elf Bar 600 and ELFLIQ e-liquid both have a 1.0% strength option. This is perfect for smokers who use around 10-20 cigarettes a day. Finally, if you’d like to give up nicotine completely, the Elf Bar 600 has a 0% option which is completely free of nicotine.
What Elf Bar Product Is Best For Me?
That all depends on what you want from an e-cigarette. There are multiple scenarios where Elf Bar products make an ideal vaping choice. But, this complete guide to Elf Bar can point you in the right direction.
The 400 puff Cigalike is a fantastic device if you’re looking for something that is lightweight and resembles a cigarette in shape. The 2% nic salt liquid provides a smooth vape experience and is a perfect first step into vaping.
If you’re a heavier smoker who goes through 20+ cigarettes a day, then the 600 puff devices are best for you. This includes the Elf Bar 600, Gee Bar and the Lost Mary BM600, AM600 & QM600. These kits are also great for existing vapers who need a more portable and convenient unit when out and about.
The Mate 500 and ELFA are an ideal choice for disposable vapers that are concerned with environmental impact or cost. These kits are a perfect next step for those who already vape disposables and are looking for a long term vaping solution.
The FB1000 is the ultimate next step in disposable vaping. Although slightly more complicated to use than a single use kit, it is still very simple to use. Combined with the ELFLIQ bar salt, this kit is the best choice in terms of value and longevity.
How Do I Use Elf Bar Disposables?
The single use 400 and 600 puff are all set up in the same way and are ready to go straight out of the box. Since this is a complete guide to Elf Bar, let’s go through setting them up step-by-step.
Firstly, remove the device from its packaging.
Remove the rubber bung from the mouthpiece.
Next, remove the rubber cap from the base of the device. This allows the air to flow through the kit.
Now you’re ready to vape! When the device is finished it will either begin to taste burnt or the indicator light on the base of the disposable will flash.
Remember to dispose of your device responsibly!
How To Charge An Elf Bar
The disposable Elf Bars can’t be charged, but the ELFA, Mate 500 and FB1000 can be. They all charge with USB-C, meaning they will charge faster. The Mate 500 and FB1000 contain a charging cable in the box, but the ELFA doesn’t. If you choose to buy one don’t forget to add a USB-C cable for £0.99p.
Elf Bar Flavours
The various Elf Bar ranges contain a lot of flavours, too many to list here without boring you. So here’s a list of how many each range contains.
|Device Name||Number of Flavours||Strengths|
|Elf Bar 600||41||0%, 1.0% & 2.0%|
|Lost Mary BM600||33||2.0%|
|Lost Mary QM600||18||2.0%|
|Lost Mary AM600||21||2.0%|
|Elf Bar Cigalike||5||2.0%|
|Elf Bar Mate Pods||14||2.0%|
If you’re curious as to some of the most popular flavours from these ranges, why not take a look at our ‘Best Elf Bar Flavours‘ article?
Can I Recycle Elf Bar Products?
Unfortunately, no. Elf Bars can’t be recycled because of the lithium ion batteries. However, they can be disposed of responsibly in an environmentally friendly way. There are multiple battery recycling locations across the UK. Also, if you’re near a Totally Wicked store or our TECC shop in Accrington, then you can bring in any used devices for us to dispose of for you. Incorrect disposal is one of the main reasons why disposables are seen as problematic. If vapers get rid of their devices responsibly, this issue can be prevented.
The packaging of all Elf Bar products is absolutely recyclable. The box and information leaflet can be included in your cardboard and paper bin.
How To Fix A Faulty Elf Bar Product
Here’s a list of the most common Elf Bar faults/issues and how to remedy them.
My Device Spits Liquid Into My Mouth – This basically means that your coil is oversaturated, or flooded as we call it. This is a simple fix, just give your kit a few sharp downward flicks. This expels all the extra liquid out of the mouthpiece.
My Device Tastes Burnt – Unfortunately, this means that your device has run out of liquid. It’s time to buy a new device and responsibly dispose of your old one. In the case of the FB1000 it means that your coil needs changing.
The Light On My Device Is Flashing – This means that your device has run out of battery. For single use devices this means that you’ll need a new one. If you’re using the ELFA, Mate 500 or FB1000 then simply pop it on charge.
My Device Doesn’t Work Out Of The Box – A rare occurrence, but it can happen. This means that you’ve unfortunately stumbled across a faulty device and will need a new one.
As always, if you’re having any problems with any device then our knowledgeable and friendly customer service team is here to help. They’re available via email, live chat and via phone to assist with all of your vaping issues.
And that’s our complete guide to Elf Bar all wrapped up. I hope that our deep dive into everything Elf Bar has been useful! If you would like to know more about these products or would like to buy some, click the button below to see the whole range on our website.